Please see our events page to find out when the next training is scheduled for November.
This is the more community focused side of our centre, through which much needed training is offered around substance use, addiction, how to assist a user, compiling substance abuse policies, as well as providing specialist training in this field for qualified individuals.
To educate, inform and enlighten
There are qualified trainers dedicated to this department who have specialised training and experience in the field of addiction and substance use. These trainers assist:
- The workplace
There are a range of courses on offer and new courses are developed according to need.
Currently we offer the following courses and workshops:
- Introduction to Substance Abuse (half day workshop)
- Understanding Addictive Behaviours (two day course)
- Motivational Interviewing (two day course)
- Drug Testing (two hour workshop)
- Family workshop (half day workshop)
For more information about the training on offer please contact our Training Department on (021) 447 8026/084 5472804 and speak to Natalie Bossi.
We also have several resources:
- Service Pamphlets on CtdCC
- 'Families & Drugs' booklet - available for R30 from the Centre.